why do we celebrate vasant panchami
Vasant Panchami is on Wednesday 29 January 2020. On the day of Vasant Panchami 2020, Goddess Saraswati is worshiped and is asked to give special boon for knowledge, education, intelligence, and speech. White and yellow flowers are very important in the worship of Mother Saraswati. Special events are organized in the schools, colleges, and educational institutions on the occasion of Vasant Panchami.
Pooja process to worship Saraswati on occasion of Vasant Panchami
– In the auspicious time of Vasant Panchami sit in a quiet place or temple facing east direction
– Put a barrel of wood in front of you. Spread white clothes on the Bajot and paint a picture of Saraswati Devi on it
– Place a copper plate on that bayage. If there is no copper plate, then you keep plate made of other material
– In this plate, add a lump of rice with uncut or saffron rice.
– Now, establish the Saraswati Yantra, proven in the prana-reputable and conscious auspicious muhurut on these spread Rice
– After this, ‘Saraswati’ should have a bath with Panchamrath. First give her bath from milk, then with ghee, then with curd, then with sugar and later with honey
– After this, offer sweet made of milk to Godess
– Now close eyes and meditate of Mother Saraswati and chant the 11 mala of following mantra from Saraswati Mala
|| ॐ श्री ऐं वाग्वाहिनी भगवती सन्मुख निवासिनि सरस्वती ममास्ये प्रकाशं कुरू कुरू स्वाहा: ||
– Pray for education, fast remembrance, riddhi-siddhi, power etc. for you and your children from Mother Saraswati and complete the pooja